Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Bia Hoi Ha Noi Nguyen Chat Restaurant, Hanoi

Well we were walking aimlessly looking for dinner and not too far away from our hotel we stumbled upon a shop that looked like a restaurant.
We ventured in ever so cautiously, unable to read the signboard. Luckily the menu was in a mix of Vietnamese and English.

Sauteed eggplant with chilli sauce and minced meat. It was pretty good, with a hint of spicy-sweetness.

Grilled pork meat on a skewer, this tasted and looked alot like satay. Mom (in law) commented that it was a tad too dry, but I like my meat well done, so I've got no complaints.

This was my favourite dish, fried frog with sweet and sour sauce. The flesh was springy and fresh, and serving size was pretty generous, for two.
Inclusive of rice, the total bill came up to 100,000 Vietnamese Dong which was about RM22.00. Cheap! Cheap!

3 comments:

"Joe" who is constantly craving said...

dangerous when u dun understand like half the menu isnt?

Simon Seow said...

lol. it's ok for me, as long as they're not serving human meat.

PuppyQ said...

Wow looks really really yummy.
I'm looking to go to Vietnam next May... can't wait!