Thursday, April 2, 2009

Dragon-i Restaurant, Pavilion Mall, Kuala Lumpur (2nd Post)

I am late blogging this.

Hubby got me a lovely bouquet of my favourite flowers on Valentine's. And we went to lunch at Dragon-i, before catching Benjamin Button (the movie, that is) at the Pavilion Mall.
This would be my second post on Dragon-i. The first post can be found here.
Ever since we tried Szechuan peppercorn chicken for the first time at Jiu Jiu, we've been craving it, unfortunately Jiu Jiu is way up north in the Penang state. Here at Dragon-i, there's a similar dish called sauteed diced chicken with dried chillies (RM20.00). It is basically a deep-fried boneless chicken dish, sitting in a basket of spicy, deep-fried dried chillies. Very piquant, but we still prefer the one we ate at Jiu Jiu, as it had a stronger taste of Szechuan peppercorn.

Fried hand-sliced la mian with sliced beef (RM16.00) had a very chewy springy texture, which I rather liked. The beef was tender and the dish was very peppery.


Steamed rice with minced pork and fried foo yung egg (RM15.00) tasted better the first time around. This round I found it to be a tad too porky for my liking. So hubby finished it.


Dragon-i Restaurant
Lot 1.13.00, Level 1,
Pavilion Kuala Lumpur,
168, Bukit Bintang,
55100 Kuala Lumpur.
Tel: 03-21437688
Fax: 03-21437588






Dragon-i deserves a high 3-bam.


No comments: