Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Ramadan Bazaar @ Pantai Dalam, Kuala Lumpur

The second Ramadan Bazaar I visited yesterday was the Pantai Dalam bazaar, located relatively near to the Kampung Kerinchi bazaar, about 1.5 km away. The bazaar site is at Tapak Pasar Tani Mega, Pantai Dalam.

Roti Jala cooking on the hotplate.

Roti Jala....all rolled up and ready for the market.

Kuih Cara....apparently its insides is filled with syrup. Reminds me of little baby turtles.

The makcik at this stall was making Kuih Akok, and Step 1 was to pour the batter (flour, eggs, gula melaka & santan) into the moulds.

Step 2, close the moulds and let the fire do the job.

Step 3, open up and see if the kuih is cooked.

Step 4, put kuih on rack to cool.

The kind makcik saw me taking photos of her kuih and gave me 4 pieces of Kuih Akok to try....I insisted on paying, but she waved me away. They tasted like kaya, very good!

Ayam Percik Champion, RM2.50 each.

More ayam percik on the grill.

Though I'm not a big fan of yam, this yam drink sure looks an interesting shade of purple.

A giant wok filled with beef curry. Love the colour!

No comments: